7.01.2009

A year ago today...

Sankofa is an Akan proverb that comes from the words "san" (return), "ko" (go), and "fa" (look, seek, and take). Meaning we must return to our past in order to move forward and grow. A year ago today I began that jouney. I revisited my old memories and open questions. The question of why was finally answered, and the pain of the past lessened its grip.

And today I am truly thankful to those that gave me that final push I needed to pursue that very journey.  They will never know the way in which they blessed my life.  I am especially thankful to those which held my hand along the way.  They gave me the confidence to take that step and know I would be surrounded with love and prayers.  I only hope that I have the opportunity to repay the kindness that was shown to me during the last year.  Thank you all.

No comments: