11.26.2010

[4] forgiving the man...

Day 4:  Something you have to forgive someone for.

Interesting.  I guess ten years ago this would turn into one of those he/she [insert terrible thing] to me, but now I see those “terrible things” as opportunities.  Instead of pointing fingers I start by asking myself why I feel so passionately about the “terrible thing”.  And always…no really – Every. Single. Time.  My passion has nothing to do with the person or the thing, but everything to do with something inside of my own self.

So the real questions is, how can you not forgive someone for giving you the opportunity to grow…

That’s not to say that I don’t have those moments that I’m filled with so much anger and frustration I could easily breathe fire.   It’s those moments that it’s especially hard to get to that place where you can be objective.  And sometimes it’s best to remove yourself from the situation as far as possible in order to reach that place.  And yes, some relationships have fallen apart because of that self exile.  But I know in my heart if that relationship is meant to exist, it will.  And if not, it won’t. 

Some soul mates lift us up.  Others push us into the fire.  It's in the balance of the two that we find grace. 

No comments: