2.11.2011

[18] the bride wore a rainbow...

Day 18:  Your views on gay marriage.

Ugh! Okay, well yes I think it’s perfectly fine.  Argue all the religious points you will, but I can’t help but think that if we were to have a gay son or daughter I would want them to experience everything life has to offer.  Love is love.  And you cannot argue the goodness and delight and joy that love brings. And if sanctity of marriage is your mumbo-jumbo, fine call it something else, but I’m afraid said sanctity was lost long ago.  Even before Henry XIII.

Ultimately I don’t understand society’s constant need to ostracize a certain group. Native Americans, slaves, Italian immigrants, Irish immigrants, Japanese-Americans, Muslim-Americans, Blacks, Hispanics, Gays…bi-racial couples.  At one point they have all been held in lower regard, for no particular reason.  It’s pretty much ridiculous.

No comments: