2.04.2010

Why I don't bake...

This week in getting creative I decided to bake a peach dump cake.  I should note that I do not like sweets.  I like chocolate.  The bitter-sweet kind.  The darker the better.  So, I should have known the outcome of this recipe before I even started...

Ingredients:
(2) 13 oz jars of sliced peaches in light syrup
1 package yellow cake mix
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), cut into 16 pieces
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Nope.  It didn't even occur that maybe, just maybe a full cup of brown sugar was possibly an {insane} amount of sugar.  Because I rarely never bake.  I just thought surly the creator of this recipe knows what they are doing. 

I took one bite.  
Then another to confirm.
And.
Needless to say...
it was disgusting.
Gaah-roudy!

I took a picture because it looked so pretty.
O, how deceiving those looks!

No comments: